2007 2500 HD Tire pressure monitor

I have just discovered that the tire pressure monitor system gets really upset if I do not conform to GM's wishes for the desired rear tire pressure. I do not want to run GM's required 85 PSI in the rear while not towing my fifth wheel camper. I would like to run a 65 psi to reduce tire wear (due to over inflation). If I reduce the pressure I get the flashing warning continuously. Is there a work around, or do I neet to pull the plug on the bulb?

Reply to
wayne

The dealer can reprogram the BCM to a different pressure range that will not flag a warning. It's done all the time when people go to a larger wheel/tire combo on these models. It's not something you can do with a home programmer.

Reply to
Augustus

i'd have the sensors removed and disable the system. What a crock!

Reply to
Steve Barker

How else would you know if you had a flat tire?

(Don't answer that...)

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Not sure if that one uses sensors. Most of the GM models use the wheel speed sensors and the ABS ECM to calculate the tire inflation by comparing the rotations per mile between tires.

Reply to
Steve W.

Well, you seeeeeee......

Reply to
Steve Barker

Actually I don't think any cars these days are doing that these days. Maybe a few low end cheapie cars. ALL of the G.M. have Sensors. Well up to the Weight limit that are no longer required. I do think it's the LAW now to actually have Sensors in the wheels. G.M. now normally have sensors attached to the Valve Stem!!! You can normally just LOOK at the stem and tell if it's one or not. It's normally a Black Rubber looking stem, but it's much stiffer then a normal Rubber Valve Stem, and the Fill End is a bit longer, a normal Valve cap doesn't fix down quite all the way.

Also NO G.M. Trucks 2500 truck required 85PSI of air!!! Even a 3500. Sorry, but the MAX Air pressure on the tires is going to be 80PSI MAX. Which is a E load rated tire. I don't know of any other E load rated tire with a higher Air pressure. Having a even higher ply tire would cause way to hard of a ride and way over kill. Keep the tires Air up to G.M. Specs and Rotate the tires as required and you'll be fine. 85PSI is to much are.

Reply to
JBDragon