Best chevy truck in the last 15 years.

Hello, I'm Looking to get out of my old Suburban. And into a used Chevy 2WD truck. Primarily because I can't move things upright, I need a ladder rack . And the poor gas mileage. And its hitting 200,000 miles. Which pickup truck year is the easiest to maintain and drive. And do rotables such as brakes , tune-ups , ect. I would be using it for hauling building materials or camping. And as a backup vehicle . And putting about 2500 miles on it a year. Mostly 90-160 mile trips. Very little around town. And then it would sit for up to four months at a time. And recommendations. Thanks

Reply to
none2u

Have you looked at the Avalanche?

Reply to
Bill

Reply to
none2u

truck. Primarily because I can't move things upright,

miles. Which pickup truck year is the easiest to maintain

using it for hauling building materials or camping. And

mile trips. Very little around town. And then it

Thats easy: 1988-1994 C-1500/C-2500 or the 4X4 versions K-1500/K-2500

HDS

Reply to
HDS

Yeah, I can't do that in my Avalanche.

Oh, wait - yes I can and have....and it is locked and water proof.

Nevermind.

Figure this - '80somethign to mid '90something you have the 5.7L throttle body engine. Starting around '99 or '00 you have the 5.3L injection engine or the 4.8L injection engine.

If you want a big block, you've got a few choices.

All are rock solid.

Reply to
PerfectReign