Thinking about a new truck

What is the reputation of the I-5 engine and the Colorado/Canyon trucks in general? I really wanted something with a V-6 and a standard trans but that seems to be hard to find in the GM world. :(

Reply to
Mike Copeland

I dont own one, but a close personal friend has an extended cab Colorado with it and is very happy with it. He drives about 43 miles one way to work each day and says the gas mileage is better than the

89 2,8 powered S-10 it replaced. He has had it two years now with no issues. His daughter in law has a Hummer H-3 with it and has had no problems ether. Both are happy with the power.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

I-5 Z71 extended cab standard shift, 2006

very happy, just drove ottawa to DC empty and back full with a 6x12x6 enclosed trailer, and she did fine, have had no issues with this engine

Reply to
Commentator