Chevy vs GMC

Are there any differences, other than cosmetics, between Chevy and GMC trucks. Are they made on the same assembly lines? I am in the market for a new truck and am leaning towards these makes primarily for the quad steering. I was wondering if the GMC gives you anything extra for the premium price other than the emblem. Thanks...

Reply to
EJGroth

Hi!

No, not really. The GMC trucks usually have more stuff as "standard issue" on them, but that's really just more trim and the Chevy models can have (most of) it too.

Yes, for the most part. People here have even reported "cross breeding"--Chevy trucks with some GMC logos and GMC trucks with some Chevy logos. Everyone makes mistakes, but I am surprised that logos would go unnoticed at the factory.

But then again--you can't send the whole thing down the assembly line just to change a steering wheel.

Anyone ever seen any "Chevy Sierras" or "GMC Silverados"?

The price will be because of extra equipment loaded on to these trucks. You may find that equipment to be handy or just nice to have, and a similarly equipped Chevy would probably cost about the same.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

The dealership that sold me my GMC said they will get chevy user manuals once in a while in the glove box.

Reply to
Plainsman

Reply to
grunt/sniff