Flashing parking/dash lights

Anybody seen this?

It's a '92 Chevy Silverado, 5.7L. It wouldn't turnover - pushed started it to get home from work. Starter has been dragging and it's been slow to catch. Replaced the starter (it's been six years). Nothing - not even hitting the starter. Multimeter shows voltage at starter.

When I open the door, the parking lights/dash lights start flashing 20 or so times then stop. Battery is fully charged (essentially new).

I disconnected the positive and negative cables, grounded them both, reconnected. Flashing starts immediately upon connection.

Checked fuses, all good.

Thoughts? Faulty ignition switch, fuel pump, computer issue?

Reply to
John

Brian Prater