Ford/Chevy wheel swap

Anyone know if the wheels from a 91 Ford E-250 3/4 ton van will fit on an 89

3/4 ton Chevy Suburban? Jack
Reply to
fly in the ointment

If I remember correctly, it will, but vice-versa won't work because the center hole in the wheels are different sizes, and you're lucky enough that your Chevy hub is smaller than the ford hub.

Jeremy

Reply to
Jeremy Chavers

no it wount the bolt patterns are different

Reply to
Steve Cook

Reply to
George

how many bolts does it have chevy 3/4 ton is usually 5 on 5 and a ford is 5 on 5 1/2 on a 5 bolt pattern call a wheel shop and if they have any salesmen that know their stuff they can tell you off of the top of their head bar nun but I have had no luck in getting one to interchange with the other

Reply to
Steve Cook

sorry about the html it slipped

Reply to
Steve Cook

the 3/4 ton burb should have either 6 or 8 lugs depending on GVWR, it's most likely 8 lugs as IIRC the big three all use the 8 on 6.5" bolt pattern.

-Bret

Bret Chase

Many thanks to all who replied. Just got back from the tire store, and as some said, the ford wheels will go on the Chevy, but not visa-versa. :-( Jack

fly in the ointment wrote

Reply to
fly in the ointment