93 Grande Caravan, cant' find A/C compressor fuse

Compressor doesn't run. Checked all relays under the hood for the wire colors shown in Chilton manual and found the ones for the A/C. I permanently labeled them for next time.

Bypassed the Compressor Clutch Relay contacts and compressor still doesn't run. Put 12v on the contact going to the clutch and the clutch pulls in. (doesn't really sound normal and the little bit I ran it, I didn't feel any cooling affect on the line from the compressor. Maybe I didn't do it long enough. )

When I jumpered the clutch relay contacts I also checked them for

12volt with a meter and got nothing. Since the Chilton drawing says that 12volts should be there "at all times", I think the fuse must be blown. But where is it? It appears from the drawing that it is not part of the normal fuse block with all the others. According to the drawing it is not a fusable link, it is a real fuse. Where is it? What does it look like? Anybody know?

I'll mention this also, because the same fuse feeds the Low Speed Fan Relay. The radiator fan may not be working either but I am not familiar with how it should work, so I am not really sure. I do know this much. I touched the fan blades and they moved very hard. I moved them back and forth for awhile and it freed up. But I still haven't seen it run.

So, anybody know where that fuse is?

93 Grande Caravan 3.3 V6 engine

Thanks,

Gary Stewart Reply to group or email snipped-for-privacy@nb.net (leave out the x-x)

Reply to
The Stewarts

Well lets see you need a service manual not those FPOS things, though I have gotten information out of them that I didn't find in the factory one.

The th>Compressor doesn't run. Checked all relays under the hood for the wire

Reply to
Len G

Same van here, same problem. The fusible link you are looking for is in a gray wire in the harness under the windsield fluid tank.

When you fix the wire, be sure that the fan doesn't take the whole system down again. The link burned up for a reason, probably a bad fan because you don't have any other equipment that's messed up. If it is hard to turn, that's probably it. Mine was the same.

The Stewarts wrote:

Reply to
Robbie and Laura Reynolds