93 Accord EX A/C compressor problem

I have a 93 Accord EX (with 241,000 miles). The A/C compressor is not getting power when the A/C is turned on. The interior A/C light is on along with the blower and the temp dial turned to cold. The condenser fan does not come on, but it does work because it will kick on when the engine gets hot enought to turn on the radiator and condensor fans. I tested the compressor by hooking up a power wire directly from the battery, and it will run. I have checked all the fuses, and the cooling fan relay works (switched it with the power window relay that is identical) Is there any other switch that could be preventing power from being sent to the compressor? Let me know what else to check (and how) Thanks for your help.

Reply to
UKALUM

Pressure too high, or too low will both prevent the system from cutting in. It seems it also won't cut in until the temperature (under the hood?) gets high enough. If it's really cold where you are, maybe that's it?

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'