a604 Limp, Rebuilt, Sensors replaced, solenoid replaced still Limps!

Richard,

I am new to this forum but have also been a victim of what I call the "not paying attention to the problems of a used car". However, I sympathize with your predicament and might be able to help you a little bit. I bought a 1999 Dodge Durango with 111,000 miles on it. I got such a good price on it I figured I could spend a few bucks on repairs. There were several over the next few months but the worst of all was when it started going into LIMP mode. I just knew with all those miles it had to be transmission related. After reading everything I could find and buying a Haynes repair manual I was sure the problem was the speed sensor or the other sensor in the transmission. But just to be sure I took the SUV to my trusted AAA transmission repair shop. Their diagnosis was if the sensors were bad they would eat the old ones:grinyes:

They promptly showed me the pound and a half shavings in the bottom of the pan. They gave me a price of $2400.00 to do the swap. Thinking I could do better on the price of the transmission,. I got on the WEB and purchased one for $600 less than theirs. They said fine, but to get the proper warranty I would have to add a SUPPLEMENTAL transmission cooler about 1/3 the size of my radiator. Long story short- Been working fine ever since. So, you might want to consider installing a extra cooler yourself- about $90 and 2 hours of work. Hope this helps!!

Reply to
Ron Lindsey

I have the same exact problem on Chrysler Cirrus 1998 2.5L 6sp Auto Trans. I had that issue last month, i was busy but today I had a chance to check i t. I replaced my solenoid pack already and nothing happened. I'm still look ing for answers. Reading a lot of forums. Listing all the parts I may need. Checking every parts online and local.

Reply to
sirkenndamasig

Wow thank you so much, I?ve been chasing this ghost for two months, you sir deserve a reward!!! I took the a/c relay out and drove and drove a nd it?s not limping now!!! I tried everything before this, I would ?ve never looked at that!!! Check engine light went out on its own and the car works great now!!! Man you really saved me on this cause I was out of options!!

Reply to
rick101075