Adding cruise control to 2006 base PT Cruiser

Does anyone know if you can add an oem Chrysler speed control to a base 2006 PT? My dealer said the kits aren't available for the 2006, only the 2005. Speed control is not an option for the base PT and I would like to add the factory speed control that they put on the touring and limited editions.

Reply to
Scott Koprowski

philthy

Look at the wiring diagrams for the '05 and '06 and see if they are unchanged (which I would bet good money that they are not changed). IOW, I would be surprised if the '05 kit wouldn't work plug-n-play on an '06. (Not knowing anything about the Cruiser, I may have to eat my words - but I doubt if serious changes were made between '05 and '06 that would preclude use of the kit.)

Bill Putney

We have an Audiovox unit on my daughters Contour, was on it when we bought it and it has stalk mounted controls. It looks just like factory and has worked flawlessly.

Reply to
Charlie Deludo