Check this site out

Hey, if you have some time check this guys rant out at

Chris Burns

What a dick some times shit just happens, there is a Lemmon Law, one bad apple does not make all and every product bad of a manufacturer and it happens in everything manufacturered of every product. It is ashame that things just happen but that is just life it beats the alternative You don not see NASA with Do Not Go Into Space painted on the Space Shuttle

Reply to
Coasty

Here's an excerpt from the "What I Want" page: (boy, am I bored...)

__________________________________________________________ To Be Compensated for Suffering and Inconvenience There is absolutely no reason why a consumer should have to go through as much trouble as we have to have a manufacturer fix problems that are so obviously caused by defects in the product. These issues have caused, and are continuing to cause, an immeasurable amount of suffering, grief, and inconvenience to me, my family, and to my business. I request a sum of $100,000 to offset some of this unnecessary hardship. ___________________________________________________________

Yeah, I think $100,000 should help him put aside {[{SOME}]} of this hardship.

Ridiculous.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

From the site:

"...My wife and I leased our van over 4 years ..."

"...the Caravan - approx. $45000 ..."

"...Our four year lease contact is currently scheduled to end in May

2007..."

"..I've been told by CAMVAP that more-than-likely they would order Daimler Chrysler to buy out my lease. However, the buyback is done according to a specific formula that cannot be altered. Their formula takes mileage into account and, as a result, I would end up having to pay Daimler Chrysler approximately $2000 for them to buy back my lease. My wife and I leased our van over 4 years knowing that the first year would include a lot of extra travel, but that our mileage would average out over the four years..."

So my read of it is the following:

1) He can pay $2K and walk away from the remaining 2 year lease obligation on $45K 2) He can pay the lease for the remaining 2 years and at the end of it have a vehicle that has no value and is unsaleable.

Now I will freely confess that I've never leased a $45K car before so I don't know this - but am I wrong in assuming that the $2K would cost a heck of a lot less than 2 more years of leasing this van of his?

Sometimes you just get 2 stinky choices offered to you and you just have to hold your nose and take the less stinky of the two.

The other $64 question that isn't answered in the site is why he kept going back to this dealership that he thinks is a bunch of losers. He claims they told him when he took the van to them that it was leaking because he left a window open - wasn't there a garden hose out there that he could have had one of their lot people spray down the minivan with while he and the service advisor sat inside?

Anyway, I think the real value of this site is that it shows how important it is for customers of new vehicles to not settle for bullshit excuses from the service departments of dealerships, and when there's a problem to get right on top of getting it fixed.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt
4=2E Ted Mittelstaedt =A0 Sep 17, 3:34=A0am =A0 =A0 show options Newsgroups: rec.autos.makers.chrysler From: "Ted Mittelstaedt" - Find messages by this author

2) He can pay the lease for the remaining 2 years and at the end of it have a vehicle that has no value and is unsaleable.

____Reply Separator_____

When we leased a vehicle*, at the end of the lease, we had no vehicle, had to turn it in to Oldsmobile. What kind of a lease is there where when it has ended, you still have the vehicle? I applaud Chris Burns for his effort. My experience with Chrysler has been very similar.

Reply to
tomkanpa

I previously posted, I applaud Chris Burns for his effort. My experience with Chrysler has been very similar. I misread the post, Burns was just posting someone else's web site/rant.

Coasty posted: What a dick some times shit just happens, there is a Lemmon Law,

Hey, if you're gonna call someone a dick, don't be one yourself by misspelling a very common word. Lemmon???

Reply to
tomkanpa

You don't know Jack... :)

Bill Putney

"Purchase Option Price" is what it's called, see:

Basically if you do a lease right,. at the end of the lease you can buy the vehicle for less money than what an equivalent would cost from the dealers used car lot. Obviously you have to pay close attention to all the add-on fees and drive a certain amount of mileage.

If so then why are you reading this group, do you still own a Chrysler? And if you do, why if you don't like them that much?

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

It is interesting that this guy does not have a last name, nor an e-mail address to contacted him directly. And YES, I would have to agree with the one posting that says why did he not go to another dealership to resolve his issue a long time ago. Looks like he has way too much time on his hands to set up such a elaborate website. But I guess everyone should have a hobby. And, maybe he could have spent some money talking with a lawyer first.

Just my opinion, Dan

Reply to
Daniel
9=2E Daniel =A0 Sep 19, 3:53=A0pm =A0 =A0 show options Newsgroups: rec.autos.makers.chrysler From: "Daniel" - Find messages by this author

Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 15:53:45 -0400 Local: Mon, Sep 19 2005 3:53=A0pm Subject: Re: Check this site out Reply |Reply to Author| Forward| Print| Individual Message| Show original| Report Abuse

It is interesting that this guy does not have a last name, nor an e-mail address to =A0contacted him directly.

____Reply Separator_____

You can go to:

I wouldn't give my last name though since he never gave his. A last name and an email address would certainly add a lot of credibilty to his claim.

Reply to
tomkanpa
  1. Daniel Sep 19, 3:53pm show options Newsgroups: rec.autos.makers.chrysler From: "Daniel" - Find messages by this author

Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 15:53:45 -0400 Local: Mon, Sep 19 2005 3:53pm Subject: Re: Check this site out Reply |Reply to Author| Forward| Print| Individual Message| Show original| Report Abuse

It is interesting that this guy does not have a last name, nor an e-mail address to contacted him directly.

____Reply Separator_____

You can go to:

I wouldn't give my last name though since he never gave his. A last name and an email address would certainly add a lot of credibilty to his claim.

Let alone he has such high miles on his lease, he still would owe Chrysler money. That to me is the red flag. Camvap would make dodge buy out the lease. This means they pay Chrysler Credit for the remainder of the four year lease. If the owner still would owe another $2000 on the lease he is

12,500 km over the mileage for four years! So he is a scammer that does not want to pay up for grossly over driving based on his lease, know is complaining about mold and rust problems on the inside of the vehicle. Sounds mighty fishy as if there was mold to the extent he states there is ( of which he does not show any pictures of) then it would have been replaced under warranty for the so called leak issues. To me he is trying to get out of behind hammered up the ass for over mileage charges.
Reply to
David