Check out THIS Subaru site!

Boy, this one really tells the story about Subaru and the head gasket problems!. Many many pissed off people, here is the site....

Lots of entries, lots of info. You Subaru owners SHOULD launch a worldwide class action suit. This is a lot of shitty design, poor workmanship and a PISS-POOR attitude towards it's customers.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnurd

Subaru definitely does not have good customer service. They can never "duplicate the problem" whenever people I know bring their vehicles to the dealer. I've known several people who have had a leaky head gasket in their STi with STOCK boost and Subaru wouldn't warranty it, then ended up pulling the motor themselves and repairing.

Forums

Reply to
xblazinlv

I have this problem with my 99 Forrester. Had an "oil consumption" problem for quite a while and they could never fix it. I had the additive thing done a couple of years ago when the car had 130K miles, no luck and didn't know about the recall back when I had 100K miles. Up to 167K miles now, and just watching oil levels and adding oil...seeems not worth it to pay to fix the problem, and frankly, it's just grossly unfair that they limit the fix it for free to vehicles at 100K or below. It's a design issue and they should fix it for anyone no matter the mileage, very unhappy about their response.

Reply to
Jerseyj