eBay: New Camshaft Timing Belt 2.5L V6 Cirrus Sebring Stratus

Genuine Mitsubishi part, MD307487.

Here is the link:

Gyzmologist

or go to your neighborhood Checker or other autoparts store and get one for under $40.00, p.s. the auto stores also have free shipping! Dayco 95259, Rockauto.com $22.79 , or $29.79. depends if you want Cloyes or better brand Gates. Much better deal then with the spammer. P.S. you get warranty from the auto parts stores at a cheaper price. sameday service too.

Reply to
David

" I decided to have a local shop replace the timing belt and water pump. They generally will not use customer supplied parts, and if they do, they will not warranty them"

That warranty cost you the "new" price you are asking on that belt. If you dropped the opening price to $5 you would probably have some bids. But trying to get $50 for it is just being greedy. You made your choice and now you must live with it. The rest of us also have boxs full of parts we bought new and never used, and we aren't fool enough to think we are going to recover what we paid for them.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Didn't think my post would be perceived as spam. My apologies. This part is for a Chrysler product, posted to Chrysler news groups.

The funny thing about eBay is you never know what an item will sell for. If there happens to be only one serious buyer looking while the listing is running, I will only get the opening bid. Been there, done that. If it doesn't sell, I'll relist it at a lower price. If I relist I will not post it here as I don't want to be regarded as a spammer.

I don't trust brand x belts myself. Many posts in the Mitsubishi group for example warns readers to only use factory belts on the Eclipse 2.0L turbo. Replacing timing belts is neither fun nor inexpensive. I doubt these cheaper belts would go 116,741 like my factory belt did.

Gyz

Reply to
Gyzmologist

I've replaced plenty "rubber bands on 2.5s and have had no problems using goodyear brand belts from autozone, cost about 20-30 dollars each, and best of all I get my belt that day not in 7 days or whatever shipping may be.

Reply to
Adam F.