Chrysler 300 vs. Dodge Magnum?

I had a look in Options/Signatures in OE. It looks like the delimiter is inserted automatically when replying to a post but not when sending an e-mail msg. (Have deleted the "--" manually here.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

my biggest problem with the 300 vs the magnum is the front end on the magnum looks like crap compared to the 300. Why can't we have the 300 front on our station wagons? chrysler sells it that way in europe.

news

Many were thinking the opposite. Put the Dodge grill on the Chrysler.

Art

Good summary altogther, I thought. Even in diesel-unfriendly Britain, the share of new diesel sales is rising rapidly.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Looks the same, attribution still works.

The ones that were odd are where there's a block of text that starts out

"DAS: ..."

Dori A Schmetterl> Test 2 of 2: Double dash manually removed. Does this look different from > Test 1?

Reply to
Steve

Now THIS one has all the other attribution deleted... so deleting the double dash did the trick.

Reply to
Steve

I think they got it right. The "formal" front end belongs on a Chrysler, the "aggressive" front-end belongs on a Dodge.

Reply to
Steve

Modern passenger cars and light-truck diesels are a far cry from the disasters of the 70s and 80s. Clean, powerful, and easy to live with. Even the heavy-truck based Cummins we get in the full-sized Rams over here is now almost as quiet as a gasoline engine, much more efficient, and doesn't smoke even on our higher-sulfur diesel fuel.

Dori A Schmetterl> Good summary altogther, I thought. Even in diesel-unfriendly Britain, the

Reply to
Steve

Thanks. Shall try to remove double dash manually for all you Mozilla fans.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Quoth Steve in news:G9KdnchAJNoT-mvcRVn- snipped-for-privacy@texas.net:

... or marketed fairly successfully as a Saturn.

Reply to
Tom Betz

I didn't think ANYTHING about Saturn was going "successfully" right now. The Vue has been a disaster, the Ion has been a disaster. Sounds like the whole thing is about to implode, possibly with most of the rest of GM :-(

Reply to
Steve

Quoth Steve in news: snipped-for-privacy@texas.net:

The Ion is junk. The Vue with the Honda engine ain't bad, though it's too tight for me.

The L-series, though (based on the same Opel platform as the Catera), is pretty nice, though the most recent redesign made it less so. It has certainly been more successful than the Catera.

GM is in the process of repositioning Saturn into the market hole left by Oldsmobile, largely by improving fit and finish. It will be interesting to see how well it works out.

Reply to
Tom Betz

Is there a website that shows US sales figures?

As everybody may know, Opel/Vauxhall has cars in the Top 10 in Germany and the UK.

For Germany I have this website, givng numbers by registration:

For the whole of 2004:

No. 1 = VW Golf No. 2 = Opel Astra No. 15 = Opel Corsa No. 16 = Opel Meriva

In UK statistics are not quite so readily available:

In Jan 05

No. 1 = Ford Focus No. 2 = Vauxhall Astra No. 5 = Vauxhall Corsa No. 8 = Vauxhall Zafira (No. 9 = VW Golf)

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

PS. Found the stats for calendar 04 for the UK on the SMMT website previously mentionend:-

1 - Ford Focus 2 - Vauxhall Corsa 3 - Ford Fiesta 6 - Vauxhall Astra 8 - VW Golf 9 - Ford Mondeo

Note dominance of GM & Ford.

In fact, Ford has topped the list in every year since 1972:

Cortina: 1967, 1972 - 81 Escort: 82 - 89, 92 - 95 Fiesta: 90 - 91, 96 - 98 (Has no predecessor.) Focus: 99 - 2004 (Focus is the successor of the Escort.)

Just BTW: Diesel volumes jumped by 130,697 units in 2004 to a record 835,334 units. This was above forecast and equal to a record 32.5 per cent market share.

The Focus was the best selling diesel model in 2004, followed by the Mondeo and Golf.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Diesel fuel always used to be cheaper than gasoline in UK (lower tax?). Is that still true? In the US it seems to be more expensive.

Perce

On 02/05/05 10:56 am Dori A Schmetterling tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Price difference petrol/diesel has been minimal for years. In fact, on occasion diesel is now dearer. Fuel price difference has not been a factor for, dare I say it, at least 15 years. Britain was quite anti-diesel until recently for other reasons.

In other European countries diesel is significantly cheaper but that is compensated for by higher taxes on the cars or road useage. You have to do quite a high mileage before a diesel becomes more economical on fuel price alone. Of course, mpg is better, too.

And yes, any price differences are due to differing tax rates.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling