Will Dodge produce the Magnum SRT-8??

I really like the look of the Dodge Magnum and it's performance....especially since we are expecting our first kid...it may be time to sell the '77 Vette. Anyway I was doing some research on the Magnum and came across a few articles from '03 about the SRT-8. Any chance Dodge will produce it?

Also was comparing the 300C and the Magnum's performance and the 300C has a

0-60 time that is a FULL second faster than the Magnum (5.3 vs 6.3). This is with the same engine and aprox. the same curb weight (100lb difference at most). Is the Magnum computer limited? It doesn't seem like the 300C would be THAT much more areodynamic w/ that big front grille and all. Sorry if these things have been discussed ...the last dodge I owned was a '93 Shadow that I bought when I was in college....so I am new here.

Alok

Reply to
Buhda

Dodge is producing the Magnum RT which is basically the SRT8. The RT has the hemi, larger wheels and loaded with equipment that is optional on the other two Magnum models. They may be saving the SRT-8 name for a higher performance/AWD model.

Reply to
CopperTop

You have to wonder if their AWD system will hold up to that much power.

Reply to
Art

It seems to do okay in the S500 4Matic; the Hemi isn't *that* much stronger.

Reply to
Jack Baruth

The RT is 340 Hp ....the SRT-8 is something like 430!!! I like the thought of driving around w/ a car seat in the back beating Camaro's and mustangs ;-)

Reply to
Buhda

Reply to
mic canic

The production version of the Magnum should perform about the same as the

300C with the same engine. I suspect that the one second difference you read about had to do with differences in who tested the cars or some such thing. Even if the 6.3 is closer to what would be expected from both versions, that is genuinely fast for a station wagon or family sedan.
Reply to
kokomokid