Chrysler MP3 radio/headunit

The "RAH" Chrysler radio can play mp3s written to a CD. I bought an "rah" radio from a Pacifica thinking that it would fit in my 2006 Grand Caravan.

The connectors fit, but the front panel is shaped different so that it doesn't fit through the opening in the dash. Does anyone have an idea where I could get a different style front panel? The panel does come off, but can't be swapped with the existing radio because the buttons and openings are different.

foo wrote:

Hi foo...

I'm deep into a radio muddle, too - though not similar problems as you.

However, what I did learn as a result of mine is that Wallmart has a selection of adapters available. Think they were about 15 dollars canadian, large packages hanging near the car radios. Several versions were marked Dodge/Chrysler.

Wonder if one of them might not help to solve your problem.

Take care.

Ken

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005, Ken Weitzel wrote:

No, those adaptors are for putting standard DIN-sized stereos into Chrysler products, which from the factory have taller 1.5DIN units.

Ken Weitzel wrote:

in my

it

idea where

but

openings

you.

versions

an adapter would work well if the radio were *smaller* than the whole,sound like a little hacksaw action is in order :-)

--
http://www.hostmybb.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=rftg
B-N-Ps, no B no Ps,no spam, trades,post,chat

TNKEV wrote:

in my

that it

idea where