Chrysler MP3 radio/headunit

Threaded View
The "RAH" Chrysler radio can play mp3s written to a CD.
I bought an "rah" radio from a Pacifica thinking that it would fit in my
2006 Grand Caravan.

The connectors fit, but the front panel is shaped different so that it
doesn't fit through the opening in the dash. Does anyone have an idea where
I could get a different style front panel? The panel does come off, but
can't be swapped with the existing radio because the buttons and openings
are different.

Re: Chrysler MP3 radio/headunit

Hi foo...

I'm deep into a radio muddle, too - though not similar problems as you.

However, what I did learn as a result of mine is that Wallmart has a
selection of adapters available.  Think they were about 15 dollars
canadian, large packages hanging near the car radios.  Several versions
were marked Dodge/Chrysler.

Wonder if one of them might not help to solve your problem.

Take care.

Ken

Re: Chrysler MP3 radio/headunit

No, those adaptors are for putting standard DIN-sized stereos into
Chrysler products, which from the factory have taller 1.5DIN units.

Re: Chrysler MP3 radio/headunit
in my
it
idea where
but
openings
you.
versions

an adapter would work well if the radio were *smaller* than the
whole,sound like a little hacksaw action is in order :-)

--
http://www.hostmybb.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=rftg
B-N-Ps, no B no Ps,no spam, trades,post,chat
Re: Chrysler MP3 radio/headunit
in my
that it
idea where
off, but
openings
you.
versions

OOPS!  meant to say hole.

--
http://www.hostmybb.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=rftg
B-N-Ps, no B no Ps,no spam, trades,post,chat

Site Timeline