2003 Trailblazer factory radio + cd + cass = mp3 play?

I made an MP3 disc with a test song on it encoded at 128 kbps. Though the readout indicated time advancing by the second as if the disc were playing there was no audio. Experience with other players tells me the bit rate is wrong. And since the disc physically played indicating track one, time, and no error message or ejection I assume the factory deck is capable of mp3 play provided the mp3 is encoded correctly. I have a couple home decks that play the mp3 fine at 128 kbps which is pretty much the standard bit rate. My question is where can I find detailed specifications that might describe the correct bit rate to encode your mp3 discs? It would be fantastic to encode several discs into one single disc playable in the factor deck I just don't know where to start asking besides the dealer which I fear wouldn't know anything more than I.

Reply to
Meat Plow

dick