Possessed wipers?

I have a 1997 Chrysler Concorde LXi with wipers that occasionally (like when it rains) do bizarre things. Such as double/triple wiping on intermittent mode, continuing to run when shut off etc. The shop said it could be either the wiper motor or body control module but since it happened only once with them they were reluctant to do either since both repairs are in the $300-400 range). Anybody else have/had this problem?

Reply to
Dave

I had the same problem with my '97 Intrepid. I doused the interior steering column connections with WD-40. Then cycled through all the settings (intermittants, wipers, bright lights). The problems continued for a short time afterwards, but now, everthing's working fine again. I'm thinking it was dirty electrical connections.

Reply to
youngen

Most likely candidate- bad ground connection at the BCM (check the FSM for various ground points on the vehicle- there are many!). Could also be a flaky multi-function switch.

Reply to
Steve

This only happens on my '96 T&C when it's very cold. Can't shut 'em off. Have yet to figure it out.

John

Reply to
Fieronut

There was a TSB on the minivans. The multifunction lever on the column is usually the culprit. Fixed ours.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Reply to