Why no heat in 93 Concorde?

For some odd reason, I get no more hot air. I reset the automatic climate control several times but that didn't help. The coolant is getting hot and the rubber hoses that are connected to the fire wall are hot. The only thing I can figure must be some sort of a valve that cuts the coolant on/off but I don't know its location. Anybody? Thanks.

Reply to
Mopar

If it has the ATC system you need to have it calibrated with the scan tool, take it to the dealer and just ask to has it recalibrated

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

You don't need a scan tool to reset the system. As the poster mentioned, he recalibrated the ATC. Not being a "tech" as you are, he asked for advice in his post where is the physical valve that cuts off the coolant from entering the heater core. I am guessing you don't know because otherwise, how could you have posted such a clueless post? Right? Here is a rule of thumb: If you don't know it, don't post it. OK, Mr. Tech?

Reply to
Mopar

If the pipes to and from the heater core that are connected to the firewall are getting hot, then that means there's water flow. And if there's water flow then obviously the coolant cut off valve is OPEN, doofus!

While I don't know the system and cannot offer advice other than the obvious of he needs to get himself a factory service manual and follow the troubleshooting steps, I will say that since his problem is that he is not getting any more hot air, he obviously came to the right place for some more!

Ted

Reply to
Ted Mittelstaedt

Ok Mr Mopar let me spell it out for you ok. You do need a scan tool to calibrate the system because there is no water valve, there are no vacuum hoses it is all controlled by electric motors and doors. There is no way to reset the system by disconnecting the battery. It has to be done with a scan tool. As you say" I am guessing you don't know because otherwise, how could you have posted such a clueless post? Right? Here is a rule of thumb: If you don't know it, don't post it. OK, Mr. Tech?"............ You should try taking your own advise Mr Mopar.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

---------------------snip-------------

Then why bother posting if you have nothing to offer?

Reply to
Karl U.

Ted Pass this on to doofus

Ok Mr. Mopar let me spell it out for you ok. You do need a scan tool to calibrate the system because there is no water valve, there are no vacuum hoses it is all controlled by electric motors and doors. There is no way to reset the system by disconnecting the battery. It has to be done with a scan tool. As you say" I am guessing you don't know because otherwise, how could you have posted such a clueless post? Right? Here is a rule of thumb: If you don't know it, don't post it. OK, Mr. Tech?"............ You should try taking your own advise Mr. Mopar.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

All true...

Again true...

And that's where you make your bloomer. According to the Chrysler-printed factory service manual for my '93, holding down a combination of keys on the ATC control head will put it into a self-calibration cycle that will sense all the blend door travel limits and re-set the parameters in the firmware. No scan-tool needed.

The fact that this didn't work suggests that perhaps a blend-door servo is not operating correctly. A scan-tool might be able to detect this.

Reply to
Steve

Yes Steve you are correct, there are 2 ways to calibrate using the DRB and the holding the floor/mix and defrost button at the same time. It will give you a code but will not give you the input and out put readings if there is a problem

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Both of you are right. But, if something is malfunctioning with the blend door, you'll get a code 23 from the ATC which means that the automatic temperature control valve in the blend door has a feedback failure and that means that either the door is stuck because the stepper motor is not working or, maybe something is disconnected or broken and therefore the logic for the code 23.

That being said, it would be great help for me and I would greatly appreciate if either of you told me how can I get to that blend door to look at it. Who knows, maybe I can fix it. My wife called the dealer this morning and asked for an estimate for fixing a code 23 in the blend door. They told her to bring the car in so they can hook it up on the computer for a cost of $90. I told my wife to tell them not to hold their breath.

Reply to
Mopar

This is funny now you want help?? "I am guessing you don't know because otherwise, how could you have posted such a clueless post? Right? Here is a rule of thumb: If you don't know it, don't post it. OK, Mr. Tech?"

Now I will tell you, dont hold your breath for my help

Who knows, maybe I can fix it. My wife called the dealer this morning

Reply to
maxpower

Sorry, I can't help you on that one. I've (thankfully) never had to go further into the HVAC on my wife's 93 than replacing the fan speed control amplifier.

Reply to
Steve

The part you are looking for is about 6" in from the ATC and 3" left. You'll see two obvious things: an arm hooked to the blend door (the blend door is hidden in the heater housing, and a wire harness connected to the motor itself. Make sure the wire harness is connected and if it is, make sure the hinge didn't drop out of the blend door. If everything is fine, remove the stepper and have someone check it for proper rotation.

Reply to
Shady

I will say this - the blend actuator is pretty cheap considering what all it is. It's like $65 across the counter. If you had a mechanic friend you could probably get it cheaper.

I paid that much at teh Chrysler dealer for a ~hunk of rubber~. Not kidding. Wasn't even a very big hunk.

Reply to
Joe