ALARM PROBS XSARA

My neighbour moaned at me recently cos my car alarm went off about four times for no reason during the day when it was parked out on the drive.
I've got this feeling that it was the ultrasonic sensors located to the left
anf right of the rear view mirror that may have been adversely affected by the recent hot weather. Has anyone ever heard of this as being a cause for 'false alarms' ?
Does anyone know whether it is possible to adjust the sensitivity of the untrasonic sensors, or adjust the trigger setting to help prevent it going off when it should't ?
I now have to disable the ultrasonic sensors whenever I park and lock-up the car... A real Pain..
-- Steve B
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Steve ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmil.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Sure you didn't leave a window or the sunroof open? Even just a little bit?
Bear in mind this weather's nothing compared to southern Europe.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 06:05:26 +0000, Adrian wrote:

It could be unrelated of course to the hot weather and that the ultrasonics have just died.... A dealer should be able to diagnose any faults. The other thing to make sure is that air is set to recirculate rather than the uh. other option that i can't think of a name for. It could be a breeze coming through from the outside setting the alarm off (although this only ever usually happens on a very windy day with slightly dodgy ultrasonics)
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Thanks for the suggestions guys..
Don't think I had windows open... And I ain't got a sunroof ! I'll give the recirculate thing a try ..
-- Steve B
Add pictures here
‚úĖ