Knocking noise

Hi
I just had my car mot'd and the test guy advised that I will need to get the antiroll bar replaced soon - there is a knocking sound as I am driving - could this be it - is it something that I should get done
urgently - is it a big job ??
Thanks for any answers !
‚úĖ
in article snipped-for-privacy@80g2000cwy.googlegroups.com, deaks at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote on 10/12/2006 20:14:

Sounds very likely. Usually it's the bushes that go, leaving the ARB slopping around and making a knocking noise, especially when you first accelerate and around corners.
It's not a huge job and if you like your car (read: want to keep it for a while longer and want it to corner like it's on rails), try PU bushes. You get much more driver feedback, too.
Paul
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Thanks for the info Paul. Is this something I can replace myself or will I need to take it to a garage to get it done ?
Will it cause any serious damage if I leave it for a while ???
Thanks for your help with this, Im not really mechanically minded !
Cheers
Paul Halliday wrote:

Add pictures here
‚úĖ

I think you answer your own question regarding a DIY repair... As for damage, who knows as we are only assuming that the problem is the ARB bushes, if nothing else you need to have the cause confirmed and if you can't do it yourself you need someone who can to *look* at the car.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

bumps when worn IIRC
TF
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
"Tony Fisk @tesco.net>" <fiskfamily<spamoff> wrote in message

Could be many things, that is why the car needs to be inspected by someone who is competent to find the fault and assess it, you can't diagnose faults like this by [Usenet] text messaging!
Add pictures here
‚úĖ