Saxo ignition lights

Hi, bought a 1998 Saxo X today. When i turn the ignition on, the ignition lights come on, the yellow one with the key flashesa few times and so does the engine diagnostics light, so i am unable to start the car. If i turn the
igniton on and off a few times, it then starts normally with no flashing lights. Any ideas? Cheers. Nick

‚úĖ
Nick G wrote:

Sorry, i can be a little less vague in my explanation now. Basically when i turn the ignition on to the second notch, the 'electronic key lamp' flashes, and wont stop, which means it wont allow me to start the engine. At 1am last nite, after about 30 attempts it work, turned it off, and did it again, and all was fine. Please help! Cheers, Nick

‚úĖ