Veggie oil - the truth.

Page 4 of 4
Is sunflower oil better than vegetable oil then?

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
I was reading < and I became inspired,

That's not the reason why I use it. It's readily available in The Netherlands. Rape seed oil should be cheeper but it's harder to get that. AFAIK rape seed oil has a slightly lower viscosity compared with sunflower oil. Therefore rape seed oil should be better for a diesel engine.
--
d:J0han; Certifiable me
http://www.aacity.net Citroen Newsgroup
‚úĖ
I was reading < and I became inspired,

A little note of warning though. If the veggy oil comes onto the body of the car be sure to remove that straigt away. If you don't it's hell go get it off later.
--
d:J0han; Certifiable me
http://www.aacity.net Citroen Newsgroup
‚úĖ
I've been runnning my Astra TDS on an 80% mix of veg oil fo a year now and now problems. If I run on 100% the car is lumpy at idle. I have been told that 80% veg oil above 6 degress and upto 30% below.
and I became inspired,

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Whoops!, I meant no problems
and I became inspired,

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Just as a point of interest it passed the MoT with just veggie oil in the tank
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Should have mentioned that this was yesterday