Veggie oil - the truth.

"In the UK you also risk having the vehicle confiscated, and then offered back to you at market value, on top of a fine etc. It is cheaper to murder someone in the UK than deny the greedy government some money. Oh, and people have been caught using veggie oil in the UK."

This seems to contradict what I have read elsewhere here which suuggests that the only action taken would be that you have to pay the duty on what you have in the tank.

Reply to
JMThompson

snip

Garages offer a more thorough chemical clean-through than most of the normal 'consumer' additives can manage.

Does the "talkaboutautos.com" web interface you are using offer the facility to 'quote' relevent text from the article you are replying to, so as to give context to your reply? That would give those of us using the normal access to newsgroups a much easier time working out what it is you are replying to ;)) (I've patched in the contextual 'quotes' in this reply, so that you can see what I mean - unless the service you are using contrives to hide it somehow).

Reply to
Whiskers

I was reading , made by the entity known as JMThompson, that requests spam to be sent to and I became inspired,

That's not the reason why I use it. It's readily available in The Netherlands. Rape seed oil should be cheeper but it's harder to get that. AFAIK rape seed oil has a slightly lower viscosity compared with sunflower oil. Therefore rape seed oil should be better for a diesel engine.

Reply to
2Rowdy

I was reading , made by the entity known as 2Rowdy, that requests spam to be sent to and I became inspired,

A little note of warning though. If the veggy oil comes onto the body of the car be sure to remove that straigt away. If you don't it's hell go get it off later.

Reply to
2Rowdy

Well, I have seen posts confirming my claim. Certainly HM C&E do have the right to confiscate the vehicle in the case of duty evasion on road fuel. Same applies to veggie oil as red diesel.

Anyway, anyone who wants to take a chance is free to do so. Just be prepared for the worst. I also saw a post with a reference to HM C&E website which claimed that pure veggie oil was not classed as bio-diesel, and so attracted the full excise duty.

Reply to
Brian

I've been runnning my Astra TDS on an 80% mix of veg oil fo a year now and now problems. If I run on 100% the car is lumpy at idle. I have been told that 80% veg oil above 6 degress and upto 30% below.

Reply to
Michael Shaw

The UK govt tax-collectors' web site is undergoing reconstruction at present, so the search for 'biodiesel' throws up lots of links that are broken. Probably something to do with the recent decision to join 'Inland Revenue' and 'Customs and Excise' into one entity, 'Revenue and Customs' .

Reply to
Whiskers

Reply to
Michael Shaw