How come no pics in this group

This group would be a lot nicer and i would think a lot busier if there were pics A pic is worth a thousand words we would be able to see what the other person is talking about the rebuilt from start to finish Is there any way this can be done and do all you guys agree with me

Reply to
John

John wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

No. Because of their size, picture (binary) files are by convention restricted to binary groups. You may have a T1 line plugged directly into the back of your G5 Mac, but not everyone does.

Reply to
Charly Coughran

They're not allowed here because this is a text-only newsgroup. Adding pictures would make this group far too heavy & slow to load for people all over the world who don't have broadband.

You're welcome to do this here:

Pictures of my 1950/1958 Willys 4x4 Wagon:

Simple webpages are so easy to put up it's ridiculous. I'm sure we all know at least one grade school kid who has a website of their own (I know several).

Geocities, yahoo, msn and about a zillion other places have web-based page generators that you just point & click to pictures on your computer and TADA! you have a webpage.

Pictures are for binary/binaries newsgroups - check your newsreader's 'subscribe' function and do a search for binary NG's. There are plenty. Post all the pictures there you like. Once you subscribe to a binary newsgroup, you'll see why so many groups are still text-only.

Cheers, - Jeff G

Jeff Gross

I know nothing about web pages but I can learn I do have a 56 k modem no high speed here I just love seeing pics of old cars and truck being rebuilt from start to finish I like your web sight this is what I like to see anyone got any more?

Reply to
John

"John" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Try mine..

Reply to
Hennie van Dalen

hey nice site and you are doing a hell of a job and with no garage I don't know how your going to manage that

Reply to
John

"John" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

I do have access to a garage in a short while. There were plenty of garageboxes in the neighbourhood, but they are too small and don't have electricity (which i need for light and my welder and powertools)

Reply to
Hennie van Dalen

You can always subscribe to alt.binaries.pictures.vehicles since most of the pictures there are of trucks anyway. It's slow (like all binary groups are due to the load placed on the server by the pictures), but if you have more time than money, they're priced right! ;)

Cheers, - Jeff G

Reply to
Jeff Gross

I will look at that group thanks I haven't seen it before. I did attempt to make a web page it took me 12 hours to do it but I got some pics on there anyways There is a ton of stuff to know about that! If you want to have a look

no laughing at me!

Reply to
John