Re: How many women in this group? ;)

How the hell do you manage this?!?!?!

*snipping clichés*

Yeah, and men never do crazy stuff on the road. Have you seen Court TV's "Most Shocking Video" chases and other crimes?

Mostly men.

:-P

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I know, It's just funnier when a woman does it (esp parallel parking...)

Reply to
Hachiroku

I'm a good driver, except I can't parallel park worth sh*t. No matter how many guidelines/reference points are given to me to succeed at that perticular skill, I'm crappy at it. Thank goodness, it's rarely needed around here.

However, the one time I did manage to parallel park absolutely perfectly was... during my road test. If there's a time to do it well, that's it. ;-)

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Phoenix is even better, with about twice the number of parking spaces per car than even Los Angeles has. Also the parallel parking part of the Arizona driver's test is done with a space about 6-8' longer than a 1970s Cadillac, or long enough that I was able to go head-in with my little car. The inspector said I had to redo it the normal way.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Oops - or particular.

skill, I'm crappy at it. Thank goodness, it's rarely needed

LOL - as if he was going to let you 'cheat'! Nice try... no dice.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

"larry moe 'n curly"...

Phoenix is unusually generous with everything related to driving. No wonder the insurance rates are so freaking high. My son admitted he shouldn't have been allowed to get his driver's license so easily. They also let you keep the same license till you're *65!* Ridiculous.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Do they at least have phased-in licensing for teens?

There used to be a woman from ND on another ng I frequent. Kids there can get a driving license at 14. Ackkk!

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

"Cathy F." ...

Nope. He got it at age 16, no problem.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Yeah, but... what I meant was: were there restrictions at that point? No night driving; if passengers, then restricted re: how many could be a non-adult, etc?

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

"Cathy F." ...

Once again - NO. He had full operator.

I think it expired before age 65, though. He now has a Florida license, so I don't remember.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Thanks for the clarification; when you said "No problem", I thought you just meant that the test was easy to pass.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

"Cathy F." ...

It WAS. He didn't even have to parallel park. I think the reviewer just wanted to get home that day, since it took less than 10 minutes.

:-P

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®