Need specs for valve adjustment on 1951 GMC

Hi all. My son has restored a '51 GMC pickup that has a 270-cube straight six (apparently an option or replacement engine). He wants to adjust the valves, and while we have tons of car books, we have no
reference for the specs on this truck. If anybody can help with the numbers for valve lash etc., we'd sure appreciate it.
Marshall
http://www.vehiclesofvictory.com/GMC%20Specifications.htm

Marshall, I have books If ya need I'll look it up tomarrow. If no one else Helps ya;I can't recall off the top of my head any more: Al
On 11 Feb 2007 19:28:23 -0800, "Red Pines Pygmys"

Thanks Al, but I got some great links that help immensely. And thanks to all who responded, here and via email.
Marshall