Valve Adjustment?

Honda is telling me that I should have them perform a $250 valve adjustment on my 99 Accord V6 in addition to the $780 timing belt replacement that I'm having done today. The odometer reads 88K miles. Is the valve adjustment really worth $250? Is it something I should attempt myself? (I have always adjusted the valves myself on my old Toyota 4cyl pickup). I told them to hold off on the valve adjustment for now. TIA, M.Paul

Reply to
M.Paul

loewent via CarKB.com

What does your owner's manual say? The manual for our '03 Accord says to have the valves adjusted only if they get noisy.

John

Reply to
John Horner

The dealer is trying to screw you.