question

How is it going everyone I got a car question. I have a 1969 gmc 3/4 ton truck and I want to know what it looked like stock I am only 21 so I dont know what it looked like if any one has a pic or knows what they
looked like holler bak thanks alot. Eclipse
Here's a couple currently on eBay. 69-72 basically looked the same. these are half ton and a 3/4 looks the same, different suspension & rear end.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item $82492083&categoryb51
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item $82685507&categoryb51

Thanks for all the great help I hope to get this truck looking brand new I will post pics of it as soon as I get it looking good I got the color and everything down perfect thanks again. Eclipse
If you want more original info than you can swollow get the free restoration package from GM! I just got mine literally today and my '69 Chevy C-10 396 is well on it's way to becoming a moving time machine :)
From http://www.chevytrucks.org/tech/restpak.htm : This free packet from Chevrolet Motors is the ultimate reference for your old truck. Have your VIN number handy when contacting them for this free pack.
Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center Chevrolet Motor Division General Motors Corporation P O Box 7047 Troy, Michigan 48007-7047
Phone: 1-800-222-1020
Don't be surprised if it takes 10-15 calls to finally get through. Ask for a "Restoration Package" (it's free in the USA). They will want your Vehicle Identification Number and year for your truck. The restoration package they send includes complete engineering specifications for your year truck, and also a very long list of parts vendors for classic Chevys.

Regarding: " How is it going everyone I got a car question. I have a 1969 gmc 3/4 ton truck and I want to know what it looked like stock I am only 21 so I dont know what it looked like if any one has a pic or knows what they looked like holler bak thanks alot. Eclipse" -----------------------=========------------------------- If you need any help let me know.I am restoring(slowly) a 1969 GMC 3/4 ton custom camper that I bought in real good condition from the estate of the original owner(for $300.00 !!!). Just put a motor and clutch in it ,next is the air-conditioner.It's mostly original I think.
Brian
Thats cool I actulay have the camper special probubly the same model and everything. Hey does yours have a power converter. Mine has this bo under the hood to switch from a 12 volt to a 10 volt so you can run like other shit of the battery this guy has it hooked to the altenator and its just a pain.
Re: " Thats cool I actulay have the camper special probubly the same model and everything. Hey does yours have a power converter. Mine has this bo under the hood to switch from a 12 volt to a 10 volt so you can run like other shit of the battery this guy has it hooked to the altenator and its just a pain." ====================== Hi Noah.That's something the guy added.Not an option.Mine has a rotted out wood bed that I just put plywood over but eventually I'll replace it($700!!) I've got the full gauge dash with tachometer. I've had a lot of trucks but this is the best.Count yourself lucky to find one. Ive got the 4 spd close ratio NP435 tranny,which is not really a "granny" low gear but will go about 20 MPH in 1st.
Ya Its a good little truck thats really only prob with it is that dang box and the fact that I need to replace some parts under the front end (Upper and lower control arms, Upper and lower ball joints, and a gasket) the only other thing I really dont lke is that its an automattic which aint bad just means its not a racer. So what engine you running mine has a 350 small block. well happy motoring. eclipse
Noah,can't you just yank that little box thing? As for the auto trans,I don't think a 3/4 ton truck is going to be such a quick machine anyway.My last truck was a '69 GMC 1/2 ton that weighed 500 lbs. less than my current "Camper".It had a built-up 350 and 33 inch tires and if I dropped the hammer at say 20 mph it would light em up and scare the hell out of whomever was trying to jump in front of me.THAT truck NEVER lost. But one day I hit some black ice (while racing a mustang believe it or not) and it was totalled,so I got this 3/4 ton.much better for work but nownere near as fun! I've got a rebuilt 350 4 brl that has reduced compression so I can use 87 gas.Has dual exhaust and the good 4spd as I mentioned.Also has the 8 1'2 ft bed(long horn).Had those "split-rim" heavy-duty wheels but I lost those in favor of newer one piece rims.
You going to do that front end yerself?
I will probubly end up doing all the work but my uncle has all the right tools so I may take it down there and fix it