1969 galaxie 429 question(help!)

First time post....this was the closest to a galaxie news group that i could find.... Help!!!! I just put an edelbrock perfromer RPM and holley 750 on my 69 galaxie and the kickdown rod will not reach the linkage. I have the right carb, which i purchased new through the PAW catalog, and I also ordered the HOLLEY kickdown extender, which wasnt long enough. Any one have an Idea to help me out? Maybe someone has dealt with this before. And if a new kickdown rod is needed where can i find the right one? it has a c6 trans. Thanks!

Reply to
Tomasguy

The easiest fix is to use a Lokar kick down cable. It's not exactly cheap, somewhere around $75'ish. But it's quick and easy, and fits every chassis combination you can imagine.

Reply to
.boB

If you can't find your answer here or anywhere else, try looking to alt.hi-po.big-block-ford-mercury. The guys in there are big into just your thing... big block Fords.

Good luck in your quest. Wish I could be of more help.

JS

Reply to
JS

There is a Galaxie forum there that might have more experience with similar apps. Good Luck StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

Better yet, go to this website that is dedicated to the Ford 385 Series engines ONLY.

-ERIC

89 5.0 LX Vert w/93 Cobra long block, GT-40 heads, Unknown Camshaft(??), HyperTech Chip, 73mm C&L MAF, BBK 2.5" O/R H-pipe, Flowmaster 40 Series Deltas, King Cobra Clutch Set, BBK Strut Tower Brace, Poly bushings.

Reply to
Katmandu

Thank you all so much! Huge help! You guys are awesome!

-Tom

1969 MachI 351w/fmx 1969 Galaxie 500 429/c6 1987 Regal T-type

Reply to
Tomasguy