Exhausts for P6 Rover

Gentlemen,

Does anybody know where I might be able to purchase the middle section silencer and pipe for a series 1 1969 3500 P6.

Thanks,

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Last time I needed one I got it from my local exhaust place, wasn't expensive either, the back box was around £28 IIRC.

Alternatively, JR Wadhams (google it) tend to have everything for a P4/5/6.

Reply to
Pete M

I've goggled Wadhams and it appears to be all stainless, mines mild steel except for the middle bit, I will try local suppliers.

Mart>> Gentlemen,

Reply to
campingstoveman

A lot of exhaust parts are shared with the 4 cylinder P6. There are 2 box and 3 box systems. Is yours a 2 box system then? I suggest you phone around your local places to see what they have left. I recently bought two front link pipes (the bit that bolts to the bellhousing) for 15 quid each from somewhere that had them left on the shelf.

Youch, I had to pay 120 quid for a local bloke to make one out of stainless when I couldn't find one in a hurry and JRW wanted 80 quid or so for mild steel.

Roverclassics is my supplier of choice nowadays as they tend to be a bit cheaper than JRW and have a much better attitude (IME). I may just have been unlucky, but everything I bought from JRW took ages to arrive, even after I'd paid extra for speedier delivery. Whereas orders from Roverclassics have never taken more than a day or two to arrive.

Also check out eBay. I just sold a little used front pipe for a 2000SC for 6 pounds to someone who got a bargain!

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

Reply to
campingstoveman

If you are planning to keep the car for any length of time, it is worth thinking about stainless.

It doesn't seem to do any harm to mix stainless with mild steel. As each mild steel section of my former Triumph gave out I replaced with stainless until I had replaced it all. That stainless system outlasted the car, and the oldest exhaust section (back box and tailpipe) was 23 years old by then. I dread to think how much I would have spent on mild steel systems in that time.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Warren