1997 vette .. stuck in park ??

intermittent sticking in park ... cant move shift knob ! anybody know what causes this ??
tia ..bob

bloggybob wrote:

My C5's a stick but I checked in the '02 owners manual. Cause isn't mentioned but, reading between the lines in the 'getting it out of Park' section, the manual seems to imply either a mechanical problem (release pin, blocker plate or whatever they use in the shifter). Or, a logic problem.
I think the '02 computer logic is different than the '97. Check your manual. If there's nothing in that book, give a shout and I'll post the whole bit from the '02 manual.
-- PJ '89 Hookercar, '02 e-blu 6-spd coupe

Has the column lock done you in?? Try turning your steering wheel sharply to the left and then try to move your shift lever.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51