Amazing Passat W8 vs Corvette ZO6 Video

Page 2 of 7
something wonderfully witty:

WTF, the W8 has been around since `04.
--

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream
✖
On Jul 14, 9:28 pm, The Wolf With the Red Roses <after-dark-

If you'd actually read the thread, you'd realize that the GTI W12 Twin Turbo was being discussed there.

Add pictures here
✖
:>On Jul 14, 9:28 pm, The Wolf With the Red Roses <after-dark-
:>> something wonderfully witty: :>> :>> >It's a BRAND new car, up till a few weeks ago it was a prototype, it's :>> >just gone into production. :>> :>> WTF, the W8 has been around since `04. :> :>If you'd actually read the thread, you'd realize that the GTI W12 Twin :>Turbo was being discussed there.
See how being a top posting poser makes you look silly?
Add pictures here
✖
Sal wrote:

It's not a legit anything. It's a one-off, never-will-be-mass-produced abomination.
-- Mike Smith
Add pictures here
✖

I love this response
--
ZÿRiX
(¯`'..(<>..<>)..'´¯)

In case you aren't aware of this little boy, it is a function of money. Exactly how many Corvettes can you buy for one W12. Exactly how many W12's are sitting at your local dealers lot. Hell how many W8's are there either?
--

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream
✖
Still just another volkswagon. You are obviously laboring under a severe information deficit, go look up Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette, and find out why you are held in such disdain.
Sal wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
It's just crazy to even start compare NON-PRODUCTION cars to production cars. What was the Callaway Sledgehammer's Production run? 5000? 1000?, 50? Actually in its own category, the Sledgehammer Corvette is very slow, even electric cars in the NON-Production category are faster http://www.autobloggreen.com/2006/10/02/wired-nextfest-report-ohio-states-300-mph-electric-car / Even Street Legal Cars are much faster. http://www.yourdailymedia.com/media/1161348277/Worlds_Fastest_Street_Legal_Car_-_2200BHP Since you're bringing up cars that aren't even production, I'll do one better. My souped up Volkswagen Nardo W12 does 306 MPH in Grand Turismo 4, take that Sledgehammer Corvette.

Add pictures here
✖
:>My souped up Volkswagen Nardo W12 does 306 MPH in Grand Turismo 4, :>take that Sledgehammer Corvette.
You're a video gamer as well as a poser? <smirk>
Add pictures here
✖

I thought that was hilarious too. Now this pitiful little dribbler thinks his car is a penis extender.
AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp (both tops)
Add pictures here
✖
Sal wrote:

http://www.autobloggreen.com/2006/10/02/wired-nextfest-report-ohio-states-300-mph-electric-car /
http://www.yourdailymedia.com/media/1161348277/Worlds_Fastest_Street_Legal_Car_-_2200BHP
Game, Set, Match. Oh you really are a piece of work, WOOT!
Add pictures here
✖
In rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled, ZÿRiX wrote:

Perhaps you don't know that you have been posting into the VW group in addition to the Corvette group.
Add pictures here
✖

Yes I know but want to make sure he gets it...
Add pictures here
✖
In rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled, ZÿRiX wrote:

Of course he gets it. He was the original troll.
Add pictures here
✖
something wonderfully witty:

Lady friend? Only two types of people have Lady Friends, old men & gays. Are you both?
--

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional,
illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream
✖

WOW
That W8 is so good you can't even buy them in the USA any longer. All the production must get sucked up in Europe, huh?
Any reason why the race didn't pit a new W8 vs a new base C6? No, I'm sure not.
Add pictures here
✖
Because the W8 is NOT from the same generation as the C6, it's the same generation as the C5. People were not willing to pay $40,000+ for a 174 MPH 8 cylinder Passat when they could get a 155 MPH 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder Passat for 20-30K. They would rather buy an Audi or Lexus at that price. Family Car buyers didn't care much about extra power or extra speed so the the W8 is no longer made. If the Passat W8 Six Speed Sport was still made, the latest one would have about 400-430BHP and have a top speed of 200-205 MPH. Passats are among the MOST efficient midsize cars at translating horsepower into speed I've ever seen. the older 170 BHP 4 Cylinder Passat can do 155.3 MPH with the governor Removed, and the older W8 can do 174 MPH with just 270 BHP. In fact, the first generation 270 BHP Acura NSX can do 168 MPH, while the 270 BHP Passat W8 can do 174 MPH. That's a damn impressive statistic.

Add pictures here
✖
My 400 BHP+ stat for a THEORETICAL 2008 Passat W8 Six Speed Sport is based on the fact that the V6 Passat jumped from 190 BHP to 280BHP and 300 BHP for the V6 and V6 R36 from last generation to this generation. 400-430BHP and a 200 to 205 MPH top speed are VERY GOOD ESTIMATES for what the W8 would be doing with the governor removed if it was still around.
Add pictures here
✖
Sal wrote:

"THEORETICAL" and "VERY GOOD ESTIMATES" sum up this thread.
With enough horsepower or thrust, you can make a brick move quickly. Making it maneuverable under a variety of wind-gust and road surface conditions at those speeds is what takes engineering talent.
Sedans, at speed, tend to get ugly.
< http://www.wreckedexotics.com/a8/a6_20051116_001.shtml >
That's why they have governors or limiters.
-- pj
Add pictures here
✖
Yeah, Sedans are horrible at speed. Oh wait my mistake, the Stock 730 BHP Brabus Rocket CLS V12 Twin Turbo will kick any stock Corvette ass on the track or the Autobahn.

Add pictures here
✖