Analog gauge displays hotter temp than digital gauge on 96 Corvette

Like others on this forum, we have noticed that our analog temp gauge was creeping up close to the hash marks when we were stuck in traffic (bridge opening). When we switched to our digital temp gauge, we found
the temp was cooler than the analog and was not near an overheat temp. The difference between the two increases as the analog temp increases. Which gauge is more likely to be accurate since they can differ by as much as 10 degrees? Please respond. Thanks.
The "gage" sensor is mounted in the passenger side of the block while the "digital" sensor is on the front. Reving the engine should reduce the "temperature difference" due to faster coolant circulation.
DC wrote:

When I did a T-Stat change not too long ago, before I bled the air out at the T-Body & T-Stat housing I heard slight boiling in the filler tank. Checked the analog gauge and it was normal..... flipped over to the digital and it was waaay high. So they apparently pick up data at different places on the block.
DC wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler