Brake fluid

My 2000 should have the brake fluid changed. Any comments on changing from DOT 3 (?) to silicone
What is your opinion Dad?

Poor opinion, costly, and will give a slightly softer pedal. Stick with the DOT 3 and change it more often then six years. That's unless you run circle track or let your car sit more that 6 months of the year in poor storage conditions.
To my knowledge there is far less brake problems with the C4, C5, and the C6 than there have been in the past with the C2 and C3 disk brakes that so many used the silicone fluid in due to moisture absorption.
What determined the need to change the brake fluid, color (rust) or scheduled maintenance? Other issues?
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
Dad wrote:

DO NOT CHANGE TO Silicone, in that car.. Trying to get all the existing fluid out of the ABS unit will be a right bitch. And you absolutely can not have any DOT3 left if you change to Silicone...
There is no reason to change to silicone for that car, I used silicone in my streetrod but the master cyl was under the floor board and sat over and around many painted frame parts. Needed silicone because the DOT 3 would take the paint off.
Theoldman wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler