C4 beltline trim bolts

What is the trick to removing the nuts from the studs securing the black rubber belt line trim from C4 cars?
My studs are clean and I have soaked in WD40 but the stud wants to turn
inside the rubber trim. I guess I could grind the nuts off but I am afraid the heat will cause damage.
Is there some tool that will split the nut?
or Is there a way to hold the stud from turning in the trim?
thanx