C5 running temperature

I just had a radiator split on me and bought and installed a new one and am checking over the work the temperature seems to be 210 to 226 at idle running in a garage that seems to be a little high to me can anyone let me
know there thoughts on this and what is the stock thermostat supposed to be 190, 195???
Thanx to all
--

ZRiX (<>..<>)

I took it out and drove it a little bit and something seems wrong it runs about 215 but then sitting at a light it hits 225, 230 then I take off and it drops down to about 205 then up to 215 and stays there....
--

ZRiX (<>..<>)

"ZRiX" < snipped-for-privacy@com.net> wrote in message
Curious mostly, what temperature was the car running at before you had the problem and replaced the radiator?

about the same except the sitting temp that is hotter then before it gave me a low coolant alarm but it is not low and when the radiator split I did not overheat it so I did no damage to the engine when the sitting temp hit 230 last night I turned on the heater to help cool the water I do not want to hurt the engine so the sitting idle temp might be even higher thanx for any help
oh and by the way the coolant I used is DEX-Cool a 50/50 mixture of water and dex
--

ZRiX (<>..<>)

"BDragon" < snipped-for-privacy@charter.net> wrote in message

it is sitting on an incline, very senative. Make sure you don't have an air bubble if you can.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Might help to read both pages - http://autorepair.about.com/cs/generalinfo/a/aa052601a.htm

Scary
--

ZRiX (<>..<>)

"Dad" < snipped-for-privacy@fisher.net> wrote in message
I tried to read that page but that Snoop Dog ad gave me a seizure.. lol As if he wasn't irritating enough..I need a strobe on my pc screen. If the antifreeze is more fly..then you must buy..
-Stan

Listen to Dad. I think he's on the right track. A trapped air bubble isn't all that hard to come by and unless the system is leaking coolant, the bubble may not be purged.
Charlie

How would you go about finding a bubble?
-Stan

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------080705050902020204090404 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
With the C4s you have bleeder valves near the t-stat housing and on the throttle body. You crack these bleeders til coolant weeps out in a continuous stream. Some areas in the cooling system are higher than the fill tank neck, hence the necessity of the bleeders... I wouldn't be surprised if the C5 has bleeders also.
But if you Dad just just shake your cane at it and cuss under your breath til the bubble can't take any more and just leaves. ;-) hehehe
sbright wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler