Corvette...

Page 1 of 2
...is like vanilla ice cream. which is good, has wide-appeal, and is affordable.
but dreyer's ice cream isn't exaxtly like hagaan daaz - which would be the
porsche 911

Ok Larry, you can afford Hagann Daaz. Personally, I'd take Funky Monkey any day over that foo-foo stuff.
Anyway, Larry, what kind of car do you own and drive?
Ed
lol - i drive a f430 on the weekends and a 911 turbo on weekdays, just like everybody else

On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 22:49:45 -0800, "Lawrence Lugar"
:>lol - i drive a f430 on the weekends and a 911 turbo on weekdays, just like :>everybody else
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 14:09:11 -0700, "Lawrence Lugar"
hi
for $25K -/+
what's a better buy, your personal opinion and for the real world: a Boxster (2000-02 years)...or an earlier 911 Carrera (1990-92)?
the car will be an automatic transmission, daily driver.
I like the classic look of the 911, but I'm not a mechanic-type to get his hands dirty...so needless to say, It has to be reliable.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 02:18:26 -0700, "Lawrence Lugar"
...what are your guys' takes on the Boxster being referred to as:
"the baby porsche"
"not a true porsche"
"the poor man's porsche"
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 20:39:23 -0700, "Lawrence Lugar"
thanks DS for the info but I didn't buy it, the yellow boxster s.
i think i'm going to hold out for a 911 - when the right one comes along, color/price/tip/miles/etc
that boxster was nice, good price, fitted my criteria...but there's something magical about saying i own/drive a porsche 911, or a 911 porsche.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, 3 Oct 2007 15:57:46 -0700, "Lawrence Lugar"
:>BMW's are sedans first and foremost - than whatever sportscar there is left :>in it.:> what about Corvettes, in particular, early 90's models...do they drive equally as sporty as Porsche's right? and not sedany like BMW's?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

fiddler's fuck about a Porsche. Why don't you move to Germany--ASSHOLE. =======================================================Remove the ZZZ from my E-mail address to send me E-mail.
why can't porsche people and corvette people ever get along...
porsche people are ok and fine, but covette people have this grudge that they have to find a million reasons to hate porsche in order to justify themselves to being content with a rather inferior car.

Nah, porsches mostly just get in the way. Probably why they are referred to as rolling road blocks.
Lawrence Lugar wrote:

P oor O ld R ich S chmuck C an't H ave E rections

lol - like i said. typical response of a corvette-lover

not much different then you continuing to post off-topic !
get a clue porsche boy !
no real need for another of your troll-boy replies..... <plonk>
--
'Key
=====

lol...
blue-collars, corvette...and white-collars, porsche....are like oil and water - they just never appear to mix, no matter how hard you try

Funny thing about that White collar, blue collar stuff. Notice how those blue collar guy buys a car to satisfy himself, while the white collar guy buys a car to try and impress his "buddies"? So you got a flat six with a turbo, Chevy quit making them 40 years ago. Seems like porsche really has the suckers lined up. Heck they are making a killing selling volkswagen trucks to the wannabes. And yep, corvettes are the oil to the porche's water, no real reason to put up with a porsche if you can get a real sportscar.
Lawrence Lugar wrote:

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 10:14:05 -0800, "Lawrence Lugar"

Ok. So why do you care if I choose a Corvette or a Porsche? If you are so concerned, I think you need to get a life.
Yo, dork, check the group name, then check out. You're still apparently STILL in denial over the fact that you got screwed, and the seller didn't even kiss you first.
Lawrence Lugar wrote:

the image of an overrated car. Hagen-Dazs has a vanilla so you can have a bland flavor for your car comparison. What would the car you drive be compared to, bean soup?
""What a spin, makes coming into a Corvette group and pushing the Porsche, 'I like that term, "pushing the Porsche"', sound like Corvette owners are at fault for being rude to a jerk.......""
lol, relax. i'm not saying it subjectively, just telling it like it is - objectively
there's 3 kinds of sportscars: corvette, porsche, ferrari
lovers of each all have their own arguments for it. who's ultimatley to say who's right? no one

Very good statement, and true...
I have had a Porsche and would rather have my Vette... But would give up all including my left one to have a 1998 McLaren F1...
--
ZRiX
On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 00:48:16 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net (Ron in NY-67 427/435hp) wrote:

Yes there is Dreyers and Breyers (or similar spelling for each). I used to eat and love Breyers in NY and lately I'm eating Dreyers in Texas. Sorry for getting away from cars but since you wrongly accused someone I thought I'd set the record straight.
observer wrote:

Actually, he's right. That's not an apostophe between the 'r' and 's.' It's really a small stick figure. Also, more correctly, the word "Grand" is in the brand name. Good stuff !!
< http://www.dreyers.com/main/index.asp?b 4 >
Post seemed a bit short on couth.
-- pj

I only remember the 911 from the 60s -- could be tricky to drive. The old 356 (I think it was) before then was a great car and bulletproof.