gas mileage around town

What do you daily drivers get for gas mileage around town? I'm just curious. Ballpark numbers are fine. It has no bearing on any car purchase.

As so eloquently stated:

Any particular model?
My '93 averages 19mpg around town and 22mpg highway. I do have a bit of a lead foot though.
--
Tom

"That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest."
I have an '05, and I get a combined 21. I don't get on it too much, but I think that is very respectable with a 400hp engine. Ken

04 coupe ~ 18 city, on & off short hwy Haven't check lonh hwy trip yet. TF

My 93 does about the same as yours in town, around 19. The last time I took a trip, it git 24 on the highway, but that was downhill. <g>
--
Charlie
!993 Corvette Convertible
my '86 only gets around 13mpg around town. <vman> wrote in message

1970 BB , 540 h.p. 4 speed -- gets 11 mpg around town and 13.5 on the hwy. Doesnt matter till gasoline goes to over $5.00 per gallon. Dont drive more than 2500 miles per year with it.
96 LT1 auto 19 average. 78 L48 alot less :)
Rob
And never more than 55 in the fast lane, eh dave..you uneducated fundy POS..
01 Six-Speed Coupe - 17 mpg in town and 29 on highway. It will do 30 mpg with cruise control on 75 on an Intestate. My 79 El Camino wth a 305 gets 10 highway and 10 city.

written by Mark Phelan (Knight Ridder Newspapers) so I assume many also saw it...
" Defroster and Air-conditioning put dent in Hybrids mileage..."
In the real world... when you absolutely need the defroster or the Air Conditioning.. In actual on the road real life tests ..(done from late summer thru the winter)
The Prius ...got a whopping 22.8 mpg which is a long long way from its rated 60 mpg city..and 51 mph highway.... The Ford Escape racked up a respectable ( 21.6 mpg )... not bad since it rated at 36 & 31 The Accord with its electric motor racked up 20.4 mpg (rated as 29 & 37)...
Guess I will not complain when I fill the fuel tank of the my vehicles... The wives Min Van SUCKS Gas to the tune of about 18 mpg 20 percent worst then the Pirus...
Bet there are a hell of a lot of tree huggers pissed because their gasoline bill is a little higher then they though...
Bob Griffiths 68 SS 396 Chevelle 64 & 72 Corvette Rag tops 76 79 & 95 Corvette Coupes...

gas mileage is great? I didn't see the article but you are still on the top with gas mileage as long as you don't use the AC or the defroster. How many days a year does that happen, 10? Got to love it. ;-)
I always felt good about my mileage in the C5, 27 to 30 anytime, never below 26 even in the city. The C6 is a different story, just under 26 on trips and 20 in the city. May be my driving the 6-speed, I'm not as smart as a computer operated automatic.
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

A follow up article - http://www.freep.com/money/autoreviews/phelan17e_20050217.htm
I like the last guy, "my mileage shot up to 27.5", yeahaaaa..............
--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Bob,
Did it say anything about the batteries? That much storage has got to add some emissions, not to mention the waste when replaced. Even if they are recycled.
Marty
84 Coupe 63 Tempest Convertible

Read it myself, of course it didn't. A google search only turned up hits about endless debates on the life expectancy and warranties on the batteries.
Marty
84 Coupe 63 Tempest Convertible
My 79 El Camino gets 14 in town and about 17 on the highway since I put a 350 in it. Mine had the 265 V-8 in it before.
-- Charlie !993 Corvette Convertible
vman wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; What do you daily drivers get for gas mileage around town?&nbsp; I'm just<BR>&gt; curious.&nbsp; Ballpark numbers are fine.&nbsp; It has no bearing on any car<BR>&gt; purchase.</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
I had a 84, CFI and got 18 in town, 23 or so highway, in Texas A/C on most of the time. My 92 gets 19 in town, 25 highway, same comment re: a/c
Same mileage as my 94 Cougar 4.6L and 2003 Grand Marquis 4.6L
Amazin'
I rmember my 1967 Dodge Polara with 413 (or was it a 383?). 10mpg, and I thought life was great.
GeorgeC 92 LT-1 Red/Red
<vman> wrote in message

I can go about 200 miles in my '73 (mostly around town) on a 15 gallon tank - I figure about 12-13 mpg.
I can go over 400 miles in my '04 MINI on a 13 gallon tank (computer shows 31.3 average again mostly around town).
And if you ask me which is more fun to drive - BOTH - they are both more fun to drive.