SAE horsepower vs. Bhp

Can anyone give me a good URL so I can read / learn the difference between SAE horsepower and Bhp (british horse power) ? thanks.

Add pictures here
✖
doug wrote:

BHP = Brake Horsepower
With that tid-bit you are on your way.
-- pj
Add pictures here
✖
"British" horsepower? Bhp stands for Brake Horsepower. In a nutshell brake horsepower is what the engine produces at the crankshaft on a dyno , SAE is what you get when the engine is in the car with all the accessories attached and using stock air cleaner and stock exhaust system.
doug wrote:

Add pictures here
✖
Actually, SAE is the measurements according the procedures by the Society for Automotive Engineers.
It has nothing to do with accessories.
However, cars are normally rated as SAE Gross and SAE Net. The SAE Gross is the old style ratings from 1971 and back where they rated the bare engine without accessories and exhaust configurations were often optimal.
SAE Net is from 1971 to present where the engine is configured as in the base driven configuration which usually means alternators and all standard accessories, like AC and power steering after certain years, and with realistic exhaust systems.

Add pictures here
✖
"doug" wrote in message

BHP is Brake horsepower (bhp)
Go to this site and it will explane all inclucing british horse power measurements...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horsepower
--
ZÿRiX
doug wrote:

--
Eugene Blanchard
http://www.cadvision.com/blanchas

===================That is until you actually drive them.... LOL Honestly the older cars feel much stronger then the new cars and a lot of that has to do with just how primitive the old suspensions were ..
Given the choice ...for fun...I'll hop into a 60 muscle car every single time.. for a 200 mile drive I'll take the newer car...
Bob G.
Add pictures here
✖