starter for 1969 vette

are starters easy to replace on a 1969vette big block L-71 motor.

I replaced my starter with a Gear Reduction Starter on my 1970 BB LS5 without any problems . I needed to use the supplied shims (2). Unless your 1969 is all original, i would give serious consideration to a Gear Reduction Starter as they have significantly more torque as well as a big weight savings.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (John Moore) wrote:

"Easy" compared to what?
They're not too bad - though you may have to loosen or remove the forward exhaust pipe coming out of the manifold if you can't finagle it between the oil pan and pipe or over the pipe and between the frame.
They aren't lightweight, so be prepared to get one very tired arm holding it in place while the other gets the bolts started.
Here's waving to ya - \||||
Owen ___
'67BB & '72BB
-- not affiliated with JLA forum in any way -- alt.autos.corvette is original posting -- ___
On Tue, 30 May 2006 14:25:57 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (John Moore) wrote:

================================ Not only are they easy (at least in my opinion) replacements are cheap...! Rebuilt starters are only about 50 bucks complete with selonoids.. . You will need some room under the car however,,
Bob G.