Well shes gone!!!

Just temporarlly though!!! I towed the Vette down south last weekend getting some new fiberglass, Fixing some cracks and a fresh coat (or 8) of paint. Engine and trans came out this week, both getting a good work over. Mainly the tranny engine is just being "freshened up" a little. A majority of work is going into the transmission, A new rebuild shift kit and a new torque converter. So much for the nickle and dime stuff now shes going for the BIG bills!!!... Noone told me about this!!!! Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Don't think so unless I come onto you the second time around, can't even see you in the rear view mirror. Oh, I get it, you think all of the cars in front of you are that far behind you????? Throw out something that is more brilliant than your last post, anything with more than one letter will do.

Reply to
Dad

OK Ass Wipe, you need to try and follow along, if you are going to make such a feeble attempt at chastising someone for something, at least get it right. Again, try and follow along...

Here is one more hint, since I just know it's still going right over your head, If you are going to pick at details, you better pay attention to them yourself... Christ. Sparing with you is kinda like having an ass kicking contest with a one legged man...

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

The easiest way to follow along is to delete all the previous text out except what the person you are responding to said.

Freshen up. No, completely a non-automotive term. It is never used. Ever. (I'll spell out that this is sarcasm so you can follow along.)

Race engines have been "freshened up" for years. You run a season, a few hard weekends, whatever, and freshen the engine up to keep peak power. You don't need a full rebuild, because in that time, you may have put only 10 miles on it in drag racing or a few hundred in road racing, but you still want it at its freshest. It won't have enough wear to merit boring, hot tanking, replacing all the parts, but it might need a valve job to keep the top end tight or it might need bearings because oil pressure was down in certain corners, but the rest stays put.

Now some of the top racing classes do essentially a full rebuild between rounds, but they are playing for more money than most.

Don't come in arguing with Dad, you will usually lose.

Reply to
Tom in Missouri

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 10:47:46 -0400, "Tom in Missouri" puked:

Funny, at lunch I was reading an older issue of Hemming's Muscle Machines and saw the term used in there twice. I wouldn't have given it a second thought if I hadn't previously read this Bozo's post...

-- lab~rat >:-) Stupid humans...

Reply to
lab~rat >:-)