1997 Dodge Intrepid engine rebuild problem?

I just went to the dealer and had a remanuf. 3.5L engine put in. I've had to go back twice because of the radiator fluid all leaking out and the temp pegged out. New water pump also.
With the 3 yr 30k guarantee should they fix it without charging me ANYTHING?
Is the 3.5L a reliable engine? I had 140k on my original when it threw a rod.
How long can the water temp gauge be pegged out before perm. damage? Too bad gauges don't have an alarm sound with them.

Just went meaning how many months ago?

Should have nothing to do with the 3/36 warranty, if you complained about it and they havent fixed it the dealer should take responsibly. But keep in mind if you continue to drive a vehicle with the temp pegged out and severly overheated heated it, that would be ingnorance and I dont think you would get any help from the dealer. If the engine came with a water pump on it and it failed within the warranty time you may get it covered

That's a rhetorical question
On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 21:23:52 -0700, crb wrote:

Not very long.

Too bad people don't pay attention to the gauges...
Linux Registered User #327951
oh lord........an alarm on the gauges ? your kidding right?
they still make they 3.5L what does that say about it?

Actually they do have that, Its just a chime that is built into the body controller on the newer models. Works on oil pressure, temp and charging system. I believe 98 on up but don't quote me on that. Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
Well you may be right Maxy..... I can speak for my el cheapo '98 base line 4 cyl Voyager... I think it saved my engine.. radiator fan relay crapped out, the chime went off and my wife actually stopped the van and called me !!!!!

You give that woman a big hug!~!!! The Owner of the Caravan I have in the shop now Is about to divorce his wife because not only did she have a picture of her kids covering the temp gauge as it was pegged full hot..... she said she heard a bell dinging inside the car....... as the piston rings were tearing up the cylinder walls.
rob wrote:

chime alarm to warn of any gross abnormalities in the gauges. It's a very handy feature to have that has alerted me more than once to an over heating engine.
guess I spent too much time watching mine........alarm would be OK I guess.
I had a guy bring me his daughters fiero with a spun bearing in it. ran it out of oil. asked if the red oil light came on and she said " yeah but I was just going down the road a little ways to the store"