1997 dodge neon engine code help

I had the service engine soon light come on for what would seem like no apparent reason. I found out the code useing the ignition method. Two codes came up 12 and 32. I have the meaning of the code from a haynes
manual, however is doesn't help me in what maybe wrong. An opened or shorted condition detected in the EGR soleniod circuit. Possible air/fuel ratio imbalance not detected during dianosis. I've checked the EGR, it's seems to be working fine. I know it could be many things that could have caused it. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone have any suggestions. Thank you.
replace egr valve and solenoid-- very common for pins to rot out in egr solenoid-- pull plug and check plug and pins, if ok check pcm..