2000 durango check engine light is on at 36000 miles

any ideas? checked the gas cap, it was tight.

"barns1" wrote: > any ideas? checked the gas cap, it was tight.
Just a shot in the dark, But I had a 2000 Durango 4.7 litre, It turned the motor oil into a nasty "froth"..... when this happened, the check engine light came on and my truck began running real rough. I read somewhere that there is a problem with the intake manifold, and that dodge acknowleged the problem in a service buletin but would not recall the item. Like I said, Im just taking a shot in the dark. This was the problem with my Durango. It made me mad enough to get rid of the truck. (check the inside of your oil fill cap for the white froth)
"wmichell227" wrote: > Just a shot in the dark, But I had a 2000 Durango 4.7 litre, > It turned the motor oil into a nasty "froth"..... when this > happened, the check engine light came on and my truck began > running real rough. I read somewhere that there is a problem > with the intake manifold, and that dodge acknowleged the > problem in a service buletin but would not recall the item. > Like I said, I'm just taking a shot in the dark. This was the > problem with my Durango. It made me mad enough to get rid of > the truck. (check the inside of your oil fill cap for the > white froth)
take it to auto zone or similar. most of them will check the codes for free.
barns1 wrote: 2000 durango check engine light is on at 36000 miles

R U kidding me? That is like saying "My vehicle makes a noise going over bumps," any ideas? Do you know what code the computer offers? You can find this out for no charge at most auto parts stores, like Advanced or Autozone. But since you say GAS CAP, did you get gas without turning off the vehicle? and just because the cap is tight does not mean it is making a good seal, also the light will not go out unless the problem is corrected and the computer is reset.--J