2002 dodge intrepid water pump

how do i get the timing chain off of the old water pump and on the new water pump of a 2.7 intrepid.

Reply to
genem

Just reading your post I would say take it to the dealer or a garage that is familiar with your vehicle, this is not a do it yourself Harry homeowner type job.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

I'm having the same problem. Can you send me the answer when you figure it out?

Tom snipped-for-privacy@postmasternetworks.com

Reply to
Tom Smith

to snipped-for-privacy@postmasternetworks.com pull the right valve cover. remove the chain tension behind the small 2 bolt cover on the right head. remove the cam gear and let the the chain fall. note. be sure the engine is in time a gold link will be on the gear mark on the crank shaft and on the mark of the cam gear. any more questions email me. i can tell you a lot of don;t

Reply to
genem

There are so alot of speacila tools that are needed, and if you dont get the timing chain tensioner set properly you in deep

Reply to
maxpower