85 Dodge charger 2.2

Have replaced fuel filter, fuel pump, battery, spark plugs and wires, distributor cap but the car still won?t start. What might be the problem? All fluid levels are fine. Altinator seems to be working fine. I can?t find the problem.

Reply to
Wysteria_Whitewolf

Did you test the battery, or the starter. A few more parts added, without proper diagnosis is the way to go.

Reply to
David

Reply to
Wysteria_Whitewolf

It maybe the distributor cap you replaced is not right or not the correct size. Also the Distributor could be in backwards if you took it completly out. first check the Cap I have a feeling it is this - check inside the cap at the wires and the rotor too - note if you did not replace the rotor then it will not match the Cap Specs. Try puting back in the old cap and rotor. Brian - Las Vegas

Reply to
Brian Bower

Also check to see that you did not put the Fuel Filter in Backwards as this may be a problem too. Also check the new coil wire you put in as it may be bad - try using the old one to test and see if this is the problem. Brian - Las Vegas

Reply to
Brian Bower

If that engine is the carburated one than you probally need to rebuild the carb, I had one in my Rampage, good little engine but always had problems out of the electronic choke and fuel delivery

Reply to
Adam Frazier

You did not tell us what events led up to this point. Did you replace all of these parts just for entertainment?

For an engine to run it must have compression, air/fuel properly mixed, and spark.

  1. Is the camshaft turning? (broken belt, broken crankshaft). Run a compression check.
  2. Do you have spark at each plug?
  3. Can you smell raw fuel in the tailpipe?
Reply to
Gyzmologist