94 Dodge Spirit Heat Problem

Hi, I've got this problem with my heat, it seems my car runs too cool or somthing, my temp gage will only rise after the car has sit and idled for
some time, well untill the temp gage reaches around half the air coming out of the vents isnt very hot, not like it would be if I ran the heat during a 65 degree day.
Also, when I accellerate the vent goes to defrost, then when I let up the air goes wereever it was set to before.

Possible low on coolant, thermostat bad, heater core stopped up. Changing to defrost would be a bad check valve at the brake booster for the A/C control or a vaccum leak
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech
I just changed the thermostat, refilled the coolant. The heat got a little better, but the temp gague still dont really move much unless i'm in town, is it normal for 3.0s to run extreamly cool?
I will check the vaccum lines.

Adam wrote:

Check for a thermostat that has failed open.

That happens. The air doors are vacuum controlled and when you accelerate the vacuum goes down, if you accelerate hard enough there isn't enough vacuum to hold them against the springs that return them to the default position.