Problem with Heat/AC

We have had the 2004 S for about a month (my wife drives it - I don't). Anyway she said she got in the car to drive home from work and nothing on the dash related to heating and AC lit up when she started the car. She checked the manual which said it was supposed to be in "auto" mode. Anyway after pushing buttons i.e. AC with no result she drove home.

She parked the car and just for the heck of it started it again. Voila!!! Everything back on and operating. Aside from a short somewhere, anyone have a clue as to what might have happened?

Reply to
Grinder

I have had the same problem, on two separate occasions. I leave my HVAC system in auto nearly year-round, and I noticed the problem when I first started the car. I turned off the car, then restarted. In both cases, it worked. I'm somewhat curious to know why the system behaves this way also.

Reply to
Rich

Typical German electrics.

Run, don't walk, from the damn German cars.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Now there's a troll if I ever saw one... go home little boy.. take your action man with you.

Reply to
Ian Clark

Awww, don't like to hear the truth, do you.

Fact: German electrics are as bad as anything Lucas ever put out.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

On the contrary, I just think you've got some kind of problem that you need to be a keyboard warrior and shout your attacks in a news group..

Just plain sad really.

Whether or not you think German electronics are bad is irrelevant to me. I can be the judge of my own vehicle as and when I need to. Don't need some two bit fool to tell me.

Go crawl back into your hole

Reply to
Ian Clark

C'mon fellows! We're all friends, here! When did this group become Slashdot? ;-)

Erik

Reply to
Erik "BRG/W MCS" Peterson

Apparently not, judging from your jumping in here.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Well you amused me primarily..

Reply to
Ian Clark

Same thing happened to me in my early production 03' S. It only happened once and everything worked fine again next time I drove it. I asked the service guy at the local dealership and he said it had to do with the "boot-up" of the ECU software when starting engine with the climate control "on". It never happens if you shut "off" the climate control first before turning off the engine.

========

...............Scott............... snipped-for-privacy@towzone.com =====================

-----------Home of----------- The Boston Drivers Hall of Shame ===========================

"Watch while everybody on their streets'll take a turn, they'll stomp n' smash n' bash n' crash n' slash n' bust n' burn"

.....................Frank Zappa / 1965

Reply to
RepoMan

I too, have a 2003 S. My car has started several times in the last three years with a "boot" failure on the AC. Usually, if I turn the car off, then back on the issue resolves itself.

Reply to
Rich and Melissa