98 Chrysler Sebring JXI funky steering/brake noise

I have a 98 Sebring with 125K miles. Since the cold weather started my car has been making awful groaning sounds whenever I turn (specifically sharp/fast turns). Once the noise is initiated after a
turn, it will continue until the engine heats up. It is a vibrating groan that gets louder and higher pitched when I turn but stays when I brake/accelerate. If I take my first few turns VERRRYY carefully or wait for the engine to heat up, the sound will not initiate. I do not hear this noise in warm weather.
I am a girl who knows nothing about cars. Any information you can share will help me out a lot before I take my car in. I want them to fix the right thing for a reasonable price. THANKS A TONNNNNNN!!!! :)

try and sell you a power steering pump...be careful. This is a common complaint when the temp gets cold.
Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech