97 sebring jxi

I have a 1997 sebring jxi just recently the little icon gas pump started flashing peridically when with the tank almost full. The owners manual says this comes on when there are only 2 gallons left in the tank. I know it is almost full because I just filled it Sunday and don't drive it everyday. Any thoughts?

Reply to
Jack Pucci

The fuel sending unit has is worn out, That is part of the int ank fuel pump and can be purchased seperatly. However, if you have high mileage on this vehicle and plan on keeping it you may want to replace the complete fuel pump module. The tank does have to be removed from the car to do this job. The pump is about $400 and the sending unit is about $125 not including the time to remove the tank

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Or purchase the complete module from rockauto.com For less then $200.00 by Carter. It is the actual OEM pump used. They place a nice sticker over the MOPAR NUMBER.

Reply to
David

Reply to
Jack Pucci